Tuesday, December 13, 2011

To Estuye





There are days and there are also days;
Some days we get pretty elated
Crown-to-toe exhilarated
We whistle we hum
Reminisce, smile and drum

Such was my day today
As I mused over your birthday

Pictures I saw in my mind’s eye
Of a cute vibrant little girl
That leapt like gazelle
Cute she was and adorable
Chatty but affable
I do remember her first bike ride
Michael Jackson moves and ballet triad
Oh! The combat missions, how could I forget?
To avenge for little brother who often had to fight

Those days I fondly remember
And whenever I think of my daughter
Right now, many years later
The image that comes to mind
Is of a little girl with ornamented braid
Funny! How that default image prevailed

Now look at you, fully blossomed
Mature, thoughtful and well groomed
Great human being with kind heart
Values to keep close and tight

Mighty blessed to have a daughter like you!
Wishing you happiness, good health and success
Happy Birthday Yene lij!


December 13, 2011

No comments: